Power Point Tracking Controllers [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 14 07:54:47 PDT 2002

I know we have had some past discussion in past threads about advantages of
power point tracking charge controllers with some systems, but I just
replaced 4 "fried" almost new MPPT controllers with C-40's on same four
arrays and battery banks and have had no more problems. We did re-circuit
all module strings to get voltage down to 48 volts for the C-40's from the
higher voltage string circuits recommended by controller manufacturer.
Battery stayed 48 volts.

Most of my systems are on grid solar battery charging backup systems or off
grid solar w/generator assist systems in the 4 to 6 kW range.

I know many are sold on these for no battery solar system selling to grid,
but I do not think the added cost is worth the headaches we are seeing when
trying to use them on the type of systems we install.  What say yea?

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com