Inverter Generators? [RE-wrenches]

Travis Creswell, Ozark Solar ozsolar at ipa.net
Wed May 22 08:58:12 PDT 2002

Hi Ray,

I think these inverter generators will make a big improvement for folks with
smaller off grid systems.

Fuel efficiency should be outstanding as the unit's speed is matched to the
load.  I looked around a little and choose the Yamaha.  It has a full roll
cage and is pretty much all metal plus it was about $600 cheaper than the
Honda.  It seemed to have several advantages over the Honda plus it was less
expensive.  I also noticed that Yamaha's larger generators with electric
start have an optional remote start switch for just over $100.  The
YG2800Iis the largest inverter unit they currently make but I think I did
see that they were coming out larger ones.

Travis
----------
>From: Ray Walters <remotech at taosnm.com>
>To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
>Subject: Re: Inverter Generators? [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Tue, May 21, 2002, 11:35 AM
>

>Hi Travis;
>
>I currently reccomend the Honda EU series  to my customers for backup
>power. The low noise coupled with the excellent charge rates with the DR
>inverters makes it the hands down choice in the "Cheaper than Kohler"
>club.I've got a customer that replaced a 10 Kw Generac with a 3Kw EU series
>Honda. Charge current to the batteries is almost 50% higher. I haven't
>worked out the fuel efficiency, but you know it is at least double. I
>haven't seen the Yamaha.
>
>Ray

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com