Need a Deep Well Pump Solution [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Wed May 15 10:08:23 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
>Allen,
>If we can believe my Grundfos chart, the 5SQE O7B-320 is a 3/4HP
>240vac pump which maxes out at 460'@1.6GPM. If you use the CU-300
>pump controller and the R100 infared remote to set it up, you could
>use that pump or maybe the larger 1 HP SQE10C-360 or 10C-410 pumps
>and "dial them down" to 1 GPM.

The SQ pump has a centrifugal mechanism. If you "dial it down"
(reduce its speed) to pump 1 GPM, the efficiency will be extremely
low. In other words, it will use almost the same power as it would to
pump 3 or 4 GPM, but for 3 or 4 times as long. The only reasonably
efficient way to use it would be to let it pump faster, and utilize
its auto shut-off periodically to let the well recover.

Solar pumps for high lift/low-flow (like SunRise and ETAPUMP) use
positive displacement (not centrifugal) mechanism that doesn't lose
efficiency when its pumping slowly.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com