Pv for s/h/w..... [RE-wrenches]

James Lamb, Middle Fork Engineering j.lamb at pecorp.com
Thu May 9 12:35:31 PDT 2002

Kurt
Rise in temperature for 1 KWH of power for a 80 gallon tank =
   3413 BTU/KWH /(80 gallons of water x 8.66 lbs/Gal)  =  4.9 degrees F

Note that 1 KWH of power is equal to 3413 btu

Its very expensive to heat with electricity
Thas why gas or the sun for heating of water is cheaper.
JIM LAMB
Middlefork Engineering