RE and Regulations, both UL and IEEE [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Thu May 2 10:20:17 PDT 2002

Bill:

	"The guerilla solar approach, while feeding the anti-establishment
yearnings of anti-	government,	anti-utility RE advocates, is not the way to
achieve RE systems and
	applications on a more wide scale, consumer friendly basis."

I agree.  We have been holding our breath that one of these guerilla systems
promoted in Home Power will burn down somebody's house and the utilities
will have what they have been looking for.  I have testified at utility
de-regulation and net metering hearings against banks of lawyers against the
solar pv movement, when they have presented copies of these Home Power
articles and ads for guerilla T-shirts as part of their testimony!  They
point out how dangerous it would be to let these "do-it-yourself" systems
connect to their perfect grid.  WE finally have some national standards -
lets try to work with them first, before we end up helping the utilities
tear them up.

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.

- - - -