Lightning Revisited [RE-wrenches]

Jeffrey Wolfe, Global Resources global at sover.net
Wed Apr 10 18:58:58 PDT 2002

The local lightning guru around here got somewhat involved in adding
lightning protection to a major grid-tie solar project here, and before he
decided it was too complex to tangle into, he did recommend an incoming
service surge suppressor by PolyPhaser. You run the entire service through
it, so it's a large unit. For a 200A service, you're looking at $1500 or
so, plus installation. We don't have enough time on it to say that it's
going to stop the flashes, but the lightning guy was pretty convinced that
the service entrance was by far the most vulnerable, given that the rest of
the system has plenty of the Delta cans on it.

Jeff
Jeffery D. Wolfe, P.E.
Global Resource Options, LLP
A Woman-Owned Limited Liability Partnership
4 Kibling Hill Road
P.O. Box 161
Strafford, Vermont 05072
800-374-4494 Toll Free