metering solar irradiance and temperature [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 27 08:28:35 PST 2002

I use a Fluke 80T-150U Temperature Probe for on-site temperature readings. It
plugs into my handy multi-tester. Shortcomings:
1) point sensor vs. pad so you have to carefully feel around a couple spots on
the back or front of cells without scratching anything
2) slow response, waiting for the sensor to go from say 25 C ambient to 45 C
cell temperature seems to forever, probably 30 seconds
3) eats up 9-volt batteries if you forget to turn the probe off.
With experience you can get within 5% of power measured by expensive lab and
field equipment using the Daystar, multitester and temp probe.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com