Seeking Hydro Info . . . and more. [RE-wrenches]

Ian Woofenden, Home Power ian.woofenden at homepower.com
Fri Mar 22 19:11:08 PST 2002

<x-flowed>

Hi Baran,

Looks like about 8 KWH per day. Enough to convert you to hydro? ;-)

Give Bob-O Schultze <econnect at snowcrest.net> and Jay Peltz
<jay at asis.com> a shout. Long commute for both, but maybe they know
someone closer.

Ian

>Wrenches,
>
>I was contacted for an off-grid solar install that was to be combined with
>hydro.  I said ok if someone encases the hydro generator and gives me two
>wires to my system - I can deal with that.
>
>Now the contact says that with 70' - 80' of head, and "fifty gallons per
>minute, easy", he is thinking of going all hydro.  I do not have the
>resources and/or knowledge to qualify his claim.  I also do not want to
>learn "on the job" or on my own time, for that matter, how to install hydro.
>I've become kind of a one-trick-pony with grid-ties, and I am happy.
>
>I'm seeking information as to whether or not this flow is sufficient to
>maintain batteries on an off-grid install.  I'm also looking for someone
>qualified and willing to bid the parts and do the install.  Please address
>the techy stuff  here, and contact me directly if you are interested in the
>install.  The location is Burney, CA. and the contractor knows that he will
>get what he pays for.
>
>Thanks, Baran Galocy DBA HelioElectric
>livewire at c-zone.net
>(530) 243-3852
>
>- - - -

>List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

>Hosted by Home Power magazine

Ian Woofenden <ian.woofenden at homepower.com>, Fax: 360-293-7034
Associate Editor, Home Power magazine, The Hands-On Journal Of Home-Made Power
Editors are Professional Idiots - We misunderstand text so our readers won't.

800-707-6585 (US), 541-512-0220, or download current issue at
<http://www.homepower.com>

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm