Insurance [RE-wrenches]

Matt Lafferty pvpro at attbi.com
Mon Mar 18 16:26:33 PST 2002

Kurt / Wrenches:

Hooray for Wisconsin!  Let's hope they come up with a really simple,
straightforward, 1-page, "this-is-what-kind-
of-system-you-have-please-sign-here" Interconnection Agreement like we have
here.  They have the opportunity to set a standard as a State that may make
it easier for all in the long run.  Keep your fingers crossed.

The basic reason for the Insurance requirement is that Utilities still
regard the small RE site as if it were a large power plant and, therefore,
subject to the same requirements.  This is one of the main hurdles with the
difficulties with various interconnection agreements and their complexities.

I work for the local Utility.  We only advise our customers to notify their
homeowners' insurance that they now have a PV system in order to protect
them should something happen to or due to their PV system.  I know that
sounds simplistic, but it is true.

-Matt Lafferty
pvpro at attbi.com