Washer troubles [RE-wrenches]

John Blittersdorf, Cent. VT Solar & Wind cvsolar at aol.com
Sun Mar 17 14:16:53 PST 2002

We have a Roper Washer  (Cheap)  which works fine most of the time on our
SW4024 but we have had problems with it completing the spin cycle if the
genny goes on or off.  We either keep the genny running or leave it off and
generally it works fine.  We still hesitate to leave the washer running when
we leave as we have come back to a dark house on one occasion ( low voltage
cutoff) when the washer apparently spun for over 6 hours while we were away.
On low batteries, that is not a good idea.  We did save some fuel though by
not having our generator on auto at that time.  The clothes were really dry,
though.

I have also noticed when our hot air furnace blower is running (yes, we still
use that guzzling appliance) and the genny shuts off,  the blower really
growls as the frequency shifts from the genny to the inverter clock.  In the
other direction, no problem as the inverter synchronizes quite smoothly.

John
CVSolar

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com