stealing ideas [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Bald Mtn. Solar toddcory at jps.net
Sat Mar 9 09:03:29 PST 2002

That is why I no longer do system designs for free. I charge by the hour for my
design and if they go ahead with the system I credit 50% of that cost to their
purchases. I will no longer work for free... I have done so many designs for
"tire kickers", but charging for them tends to weed out these problems and lets
me get on with putting my energy towards people serious about their inquires.

Todd

Jeff Yago wrote:

> A large part of our solar work is system design for complex systems.
> Customers are demanding to know system pricing and what they need before
> moving forward, yet, you cannot know a total system cost on these more
> complex pv systems without spending several hours sizing and designing.
> After describing the system we are proposing and completing this initial
> design work,  they go to the internet and order a lower cost system now that
> they know what the need.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm