DC GFCI [RE-wrenches]

Drake Chamberlin - Electrical Energy solar at eagle-access.net
Sun Jan 13 13:11:28 PST 2002

<x-flowed>
Ground faults are a common reason for service calls in standard electrical
wiring.  Almost always the problem is in a box.  The only times I've found
it between boxes is when a cable is damaged.  This is pretty rare.

I don't think I've ever pulled a shorted wire out of a healthy conduit
run.  (Once from rusted  & distorted EMT that was buried in the earth) .

Checking continuity between a disconnected wire and ground tells if the
wire has a ground fault.  If the wire is bad, and the problem is not in an
accessible location, replace it.

Drake

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm