DC GFCI [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billbrooks7 at earthlink.net
Fri Jan 11 11:47:20 PST 2002

Drake,

I would love to see what people have done to discredit the GFP (or
GFDI--GFCI is a term used for AC circuits). It does not make everything
perfectly safe (it can't detect some line-to-line faults), but it is a
substantial improvement over having nothing. Having seen these things
operate in the field and stop bad things from progressing, I will continue
to support this device and look to expand its use to all systems operating
above 48 Volts.

We had a thread on this back 8 months ago. By the way, I was the one who
lobbied to keep it in the 2002 code, so you probably won't like me for that.
The added safety it provides is well worth the cost.

Bill.