NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Wed Dec 25 10:02:13 PST 2002

"I really don't understand the problem.... I have installed  46 system in
the last 2 years - ( well over 150 kilowatts). I was amassed at how
technically simple solar systems were."

Max,  Amen.  That is what I have been saying.

As this industry shakes out, the small systems will be installed by "factory
trained" installers selling their one specific "brand" of pre-designed
packaged grid tied system.  Large systems will be installed by licensed
electricians following a full set of engineering drawings like all other
building systems, and somewhere in-between, will be the "wrenches" taking
care of the solar/generator/battery/hydro/fuel cell off grid hybrid systems.

I see NABCEP staying a "trade association" of anybody in the solar field who
wants to promote the solar, co-ordinate legislation and code requirements
between each state to insure more uniformity, and have a published journal
and annual conferences to tie us all together since industry members tend to
be highly isolated.

Jeff Yago

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com