NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Tue Dec 24 21:11:58 PST 2002

Bob, I have been an electrical contractor in California for over 20 years. I
have built Hotels, Hospitals, Shopping Centers, Tilt-up Industrial Parks,
Strip Centers and many other commercial projects in California. I have
watched the current thread contain fears of mandatory certification in
relation to NABCEP. I really don't understand the problem.... I have
installed  46 system in the last 2 years - ( well over 150 kilowatts). I was
amassed at how technically simple solar systems were. The most difficult
part of installing solar as an electrical contractor, in my opinion, is
dealing with roof penetrations. If you know how to do that, and you are a
C-10, you should have no trouble following the directions that come with any
Solar System Equipment and putting it in according to code, and the
manufacturers' specs. I really don't understand the paranoia surrounding the
possibility of having to pass a test to be certified to install solar. I.
for one welcome any one, or any agency on my doorstep to examine my
credentials or ability to install Solar Electric Energy Systems in a
professional manner.............

Max Balchowsky
SEE Systems (Solar Electric Energy Systems)
100 S. Sunrise wy
Palm Springs, Ca. 92262
760-403-6810
www.seesolar.com