CA Wrenches Only RE:POUs [RE-wrenches]

Pat Redgate solarpro at aol.com
Sun Dec 22 23:23:58 PST 2002

CEC progress...........

Submitted a few reservation requests in the last days of October.  Have not
heard a word.

Just got paid for a claim made AUGUST 31.

I agree with Matt L....  If the CEC can actually be up and running in
February I'll be grateful (and mildly surprised).

This kind of bureaucratic bollix is the same old, same old.. Kind of falls
under the heading  "Reasons why I don't like Nabcep.."

I remember a period back in 1985 when a C-46 was required to do solar, but
the license was not available.*  Why was the license not available?  Funding
for the solar test had been taken from the Dept. of Consumer Affairs by then
Gov. Deukmejian, who was, guess what, balancing the budget left to him by
Jerry, who had been forced to implement Prop 13.  Politics aside -- what are
the chances the guberment will get this one straight?  Which will come first,
a Nabcep cert or a Nabcep mandation (oops, sorry), incentive?

*This is one of my favorite Catch 22's.  The only reason we were able to
function in 1985 and pull permits in the closing days of the tax credit was
because we were still at the dawn of the information age.  Most building
departments were not aware of the new requirement.  Some, unfortunately were.
 Before the much heralded C-46 was implemented a solar certificate could be
had for $5.00 as an attachment to any active license.

Oh, I'm sorry.  This is just California stuff.

Wrench off

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO
Long Beach, CA