CA Wrenches Only RE:POUs [RE-wrenches]

Christopher Freitas - OutBack Power cfreitas at outbackpower.com
Sun Dec 22 17:14:23 PST 2002

> Last Friday the Department of Finance took the unreserved $6.5 million
> in funding for municipal utility customers.
>
> This was general fund money allocated via AB29X last year. AB29X gave
> $30 to the Buy down program of which $8 million was for customers of
> publicly owned utilities.
>
> The regular program for customers of PG&E, SCE and SDG&E is still
> intact. We expect to be open for business in early February.
>
> Ian Williams
> California Energy Commission
> Renewables Program Staff
> Ph. 916-653-3024
> Fx. 916-653-2543
> iwilliam at energy.state.ca.us

Why are they expecting to "be open for business" in early February - I
thought the funding was restored come Jan 1st? Does this also imply that
the only areas offering buydowns will now be the utilities listed in
this email?

Any input would be appreciated.  Just trying to keep track of what is
going on down there in CA.

Christopher Freitas
OutBack Power Systems, Inc.
cfreitas at outbackpower.com  www.outbackpower.com