SPAM: Re: NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Thu Dec 19 10:04:09 PST 2002

Matt Dude,

Killer download.

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Lafferty [mailto:pvpro at attbi.com]
Sent: Thursday, December 19, 2002 1:40 AM
To: RE-wrenches at topica.com
Subject: SPAM: Re: NABCEP [RE-wrenches]

Joel (Cal-SEIA Member):

I must speak up.  I've been biting my tongue hard on all this....Travis said
a bunch of what many have heard me say, over and over and....Thank you,
Travis.  I, for whatever reason, see both sides.  There has to be balance.

****Snip****

Travis, Jeff, and Matt,

I think visiting a series of bad installations by incompetent installers
"in-town" would go a long way to adjusting your attitudes toward NABCEP. You
all seem very committed to quality and have worked hard to establish your
businesses on the basis of quality. When a fly-by-night swoops into your
back yard because of large rebates and undercuts your business, you
definitely want something to distinguish yourself from the bad guys.
Certainly customers should check references and do all the things you should
when hiring a contractor. However, a certification provides some
differentiation.

I'm sure that if you were faced with this kind competition you would be
waving the NABCEP flag as many installers in California are (who
incidentally were very skeptical prior to the influx of shoddy installers).

Bill.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm