Big PV footprint [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Wed Dec 11 10:40:36 PST 2002

I've been fortunate in being able to influence the design of several
high-end homes in this area to include well oriented standing seam metal
roofing to accommodate Unisolar PVL If there weren't any of this type of
construction going on, the pikin's would be mighty slim for thin film
installations indeed.

Regarding the A and C fire rating issues discussed earlier, I brought this
up with the architects who are doing the design on a resort near here,
which, thanks to me, includes about 6 kW worth of PVL. Big roof!
Their comment was pretty straight-forward; What's the rating on a layer of
Oak leaves? For that matter, I understand that the only PV module with a
class A rating is ASE, all the rest are C rated. More reasons not to exclude
thin film from your installation considerations.

Matt