BP Solar Closes Thin Film Operations [RE-wrenches]

Tom Lane, Energy Conservation Services tom at ecs-solar.com
Sat Dec 7 06:28:12 PST 2002

Is thin film technology a dead end road.  Is it time to abandon thin
technology as a viable large scale power technology. I would like to know of
any large scale thin film technology that have monitored results from a
third party independent source that is more than 5 years old . My suspicions
are that like the early days of the widespread solar thermal commercial
cooling systems 1980 to 1985 THAT WERE ALL I REPEAT ALL A MISERABLE FAILURE
that there has been a cover up of massive failures in this thin film module
and roofing technology because it is so easy to get government grants for
this futuristic technology . When I try to get reports on the SOLAR SOURCE
house in  ATLANTA ( Mr..Primm   sent roger there undercover ) or any  Where
else that is more than five years old ----- there is no monitoring and no
one who can give me an answer . Does the emperor have any clothes after five
years or is this thin film power module  and roofing technology a black hole
for government funding and organized grant writers to waylay the  growth in
money coming into the solar industry .  GATOR TOM Message -----