Bird kills [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Dec 6 16:15:43 PST 2002

Joel,

O.K. 3 each seagulls - chopped to mincemeat - Arco oil platform off Santa
Barbara, 1981; 2 each Coopers Hawk, broken necks, Santa Barbara County and
San Luis Obispo County, late 80's; 1 each Thresher - late 80's, San
Bernardino County; California Condor - Tehachapi Mountains, 90's guy wire; 1
each Golden Eagle, - 90's Tehachapi Mountains - guy or blade; 2 each little
brown bats(!), Monterey County - 90's Blade strikes (fast rotor) and some
more. This is not for general publication by the way. Some people don't want
to be exposed to environmental lawsuits or attacked by Audubon club members.
Especially the Condor thing. I also have seen another Golden Eagle fried by
phase to phasing on a 12 kv line! Very bad transmission pole design.

Matt