Small Wind Turbines Towers [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Dec 6 11:02:28 PST 2002

Good figures David!

Many of the potential wind customers I have seem to be less concerned about
their picture windows and house full of cats than possible problems from a
small turbine. I always tell them just what you listed in your reply (but I
didn't know so many died from car hits), the purpose is to see the
technology expand, not contract, right?

I can tell you that I have seen bird accidents involving small turbines
resulting in the destruction of the bird and the turbine rotor. I have seen
guy wire hits as well. This is not made-up stuff. Customers ask about this
kind of thing all the time; we all know this. Having a really good "question
and answer" booklet for them would be a very useful tool for people like us
I think. Ignoring the issue or dismissing it out-of-hand doesn't work for
me.

Matt