BP Solar Closes Thin Film Operations [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 28 12:55:39 PST 2002

I think the people at NREL are right. See the NCPV Hotline 11-28-2002 Special
Edition for the National Center for Photovoltaics' statement concerning the BP
Solar announcement to stop making thin film at
http://www.nrel.gov/ncpv/hotline.html#latest

Also see http://www.ecoworld.org/Home/articles2.cfm?TID=259

I'd like to talk to Sir John Browne, Chairman of BP, about moving the thin film
factory equipment to Los Angeles and letting this Yank give it a try. Anyone
know his direct phone number?

Joel Davidson

Bill Brooks wrote:

> Joel,
>
> "What a wonderful world this could be...." Ironic isn't it. The good news is
> that any money they extorted out of those lawsuits they lost in their a-Si
> manufacturing venture when they couldn't make it work. Maybe that's what
> just desserts are... I guess sueing wasn't the path to big profits.
>
> Bill.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm