LED holiday lights [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Sat Nov 23 17:18:42 PST 2002

The Forever Bights are a series string of 70, pull one out and the whole string
goes dead. I measured the blue ones draw at 5 watts, and the multi colored at
2.5 watts. I am not sure how they can series them to work on 120 VAC, but they
are rapidly flashed (too fast to notice unless the lamp is moved) so maybe each
LED has some kind of processor in it that limits the current and does the
flashing? I am not sure how they work, but they are WAY cool and use next to no
power. There are not too many DC only applications these days except automotive.

Todd

"Steve Willey, Backwoods Solar" wrote:

> We have a fellow up the road who has made DC LED light strings for us for 15
> years.  Hand mad they are too costly, its one item we make nothing on, and
> give no dealer discounts on.  It would b great if the ForeverBrights could
> be wired in the proper series groups to accept 12 and 24 volt DC inputs.
> Standard Red-Yellow-green LEDs take six in series for 12 volts, but super
> brights and whites are different.
> Steve Willey       steve at backwoodssolar.com

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com