Ground fault [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Thu Nov 14 20:41:19 PST 2002

Allan,

Groan..... You would have to bring this up! Plywood sure is nice to fasten
things to, easy to cut, strong,
adds structural strength to shaky buildings and, believe it or not, requires
a hell of a lot of heat to get to burn. Mounting to an aluminum plate is
actually not as good because it is such a damned great conductor, both of
heat and current. Fire fighters will seldom venture onto the roof of a
building with metal rafters. Think about it. Also, if someone leans on a
piece of metal with unwanted and unexpected juice available in it, the
benefits of a non-conductive material become instantly apparent.

Perhaps the best mounting system is a metal plate fastened to the wall with
insulating stand-offs - ceramic or glass. Asbestos? Ha ha.

Matt