Module grounding revisited [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Sun Nov 3 21:04:52 PST 2002

Max, et all,

The logical way to build module frames is not with aluminum, but with a
non-metallic composite, such as carbon/fiberglass pultrusion. This is vastly
stronger, lighter, more weather resistant and would not require any kind of
grounding, as there would be no possibility of conductivity through the
frame. The mounting structure could also use composite mounting rails for
the same reasons. Then this whole f----ing issue would be moot.

Tell me why I'm wrong Steve and Bill, you champions of the dominant
paradigm!

Matt