NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches]

solarpro at aol.com solarpro at aol.com
Thu Oct 24 07:51:03 PDT 2002

Bill:

Thanks for the tips on how to deal with inspectors.  Unfortunately, I have
been training inspectors for 25+ years, and since I am within a 25 mile
radius of about 70+ different bldg. department, their education is moving at
glacial speed.  By the time I'm finished Yucca Mountain will be a resort
community.

I spend an inordinate amount of time sitting with building officials in my
area trying to head them off at the pass.  I spent so much time at IAPMO
meetings that I actually received a plaque (but not a cheque).  I really
appreciate the need for NATIONAL standards for installers, but my point is
this: until bldg. inspectors know what they are doing, we can be certified,
approved, tested, or laundered and it will not matter.

Caveat emptor.

More loose change from

Patrick A. Redgate
AMECO