NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches] -- California Focus

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Thu Oct 24 07:20:00 PDT 2002

Max Balchowsky wrote:

> I think the move towards certification is a
> positive thing, I just don't know the best approach and it probably won't
> stop a salesmen more concerned with commission that integrity.........

I agree... If we have a platform for RE installers to first being licensed
electricians (no general contractors licenses either), and then maybe throw a PV
certification on top of it that will go a long way at reducing the potential for
bad installations. If licensed people are doing the installations at least we
won't have fire hazards out there.

If we also have knowledgeable inspectors that will help stop the
"do-it-yourselfers" from putting in bad systems. Although  I find it difficult
to believe that most inspectors will be able to sufficiently come up to speed on
how to optimize systems, if they work reasonably well and are safe that would be
a HUGE plus, and probably enough to get by.

Todd

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm