NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches] -- California Focus

Max Balchowsky max at seesolar.com
Thu Oct 24 06:43:13 PDT 2002

Mo, I've been selling for AP and the Home Depot program here in the Cochella
Valley. (but I've not seen 10 hours or peak sun yet, although sometimes it
feels like it). I think the AP HD program is a good one, and I've been
impressed with the Quality of the Sunline Systems and the support of AP and
SMA (they are the only inverter I'll use in the desert). The HD financing
does make the deal do-able for a lot of people that would not take the step
without it. I've also come into homes behind other sales people from a
couple of companies and had to inform customers that they cannot expect 10
hours of daily operation, even here in the desert. On top of that they have
been told that a 4.9 system will suffice, when I do the numbers they need
13.2 to net zero. Large air conditioning loads here and the rate structure
for region 15 makes it really tough on Home Owners here in the valley. (I
didn't realize how spoiled I was buying power from LADWP until I moved to
Palm Springs last January). I think the move towards certification is a
positive thing, I just don't know the best approach and it probably won't
stop a salesmen more concerned with commission that integrity.........

Max Balchowsky

SeeSystems
100 S. Sunrise Wy # 285
Palm Springs, Ca. 92262