NABCEP Call for comments [RE-wrenches]

jberdner at sma-america.com jberdner at sma-america.com
Wed Oct 23 10:57:59 PDT 2002

If you have any questions, or if I can be of any further assistance,
please do not hesitate to contact me.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

SMA America, Inc.
12438 Loma Rica Drive, Unit C
Grass Valley, CA  95945
530.273.4595 (voice)
530.274.7271 (fax)

Wrenches:

I know the NABCEP certification is a bit controversial and I am not
trying to fan any flames.

I want to express my support for certification.  I think our industry is
in transition now and within the next few years installation (certainly
in the grid tied market) by licensed contractors will become essentially
mandatory.  This was exactly what happened in Germany and their grid
tied market development is a few years ahead of ours so we have a chance
to learn from their experience.

I see the certification process as a bridge towards licensed contractors
and a chance to get some credit for all the years of experience in the
trenches.  At worst this certification is a bridge that may go away
after a few years.  At best it is most of what you will need for a
special solar certification on your electrical license.

Please take a few minutes to look at the draft and give your comments to
the appropriate folks.

Best Regards,

John Berdner

- - - -