copper leaching in solar thermal system [RE-wrenches]

Graham Owen graham at solarexpert.com
Sun Oct 20 11:08:14 PDT 2002

Hi Todd,

I have never heard of anyone's hair changing color due to a solar water
heating system, but I have had kids ask me if they will get freckles
from showering with solar water.  The most common cause of copper
leaching is having a circulation pump that is oversized, long runs of
flexible-soft-copper, way to much acidic flux used during installation
and water quality problems from the supply source.  I have no experience
with women's hair coloring but I have noticed that sometimes the
draperies don't match the rug.  No disrespect intended, just exploring
all avenues.

Graham Owen
GO Solar

- - - -