Kilowatt Hour Meter with interface [RE-wrenches]

Todd Cory, Mt. Shasta Energy Services toddcory at finestplanet.com
Fri Oct 18 22:25:51 PDT 2002

I believe this (kWh metering) will be incorporated into the Outback Mate. It
already has an RS232 serial port connection for computer interface. I just got
back from the Outback products training. This stuff is amazing and you will
never use SW's again after you start with these. Their FX2000 inverter and MPPT
controller will revolutionize the RE market similar to how the SW did when it
came out 10 years ago.

Todd

matthew tritt wrote:

> Nick,
>
> Unless things have drastically improved with the 5548s, your customer might
> experience high starting amperage shut-downs (usually on Saturday evenings
> or Sunday mornings) and call you to come fix it!
> Most off-grid installers (like myself) use the 4048s, since they have a much
> better motor starting/surge capability than the 55s. I've never encountered
> a kWhr meter that can talk to a computer (except in the SunnyBoy of course).
> If you find one, let us know!
>
> Good luck.
>
> Matt

- - - -