Kilowatt Hour Meter with interface [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Fri Oct 18 08:44:19 PDT 2002

Nick,

Unless things have drastically improved with the 5548s, your customer might
experience high starting amperage shut-downs (usually on Saturday evenings
or Sunday mornings) and call you to come fix it!
Most off-grid installers (like myself) use the 4048s, since they have a much
better motor starting/surge capability than the 55s. I've never encountered
a kWhr meter that can talk to a computer (except in the SunnyBoy of course).
If you find one, let us know!

Good luck.

Matt