spam connected to this list [RE-wrenches]

John Raynes john at raynes.com
Fri Oct 11 08:28:08 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
I get plenty of this stuff too.  It's a pretty well-known spam scourge and
I doubt if you can trace it with certainty to any particular list.  I'm
told there's thousands of little automated programs ("web crawlers") run by
spammers, that constantly search all over the web for internet pages
containing email addresses, and lists such as this one are a prime
target.  We have an "inquires@" address on our web-site, and the spammers
find that one too.

John Raynes
RE Solar

At 04:03 PM 10/11/02 +0000, you wrote:
>From: carl reuter <solarcruzer at yahoo.com>
>Subject: spam connected to this list [RE-wrenches]
>Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 16:03:41 +0000
>
>Wrenches: For the past year I have been receiving fraudulent emails from
>parties claiming to be higher-ups in some African government wanting to
>send me millions of dollars...

>Carl Reuter
>
>Land and Sea Solar
>po box 1507,Soquel,Ca. 95073