spam connected to this list [RE-wrenches]

carl reuter solarcruzer at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 11 09:03:41 PDT 2002

Wrenches: For the past year I have been receiving fraudulent emails from
parties claiming to be higher-ups in some African government wanting to
send me millions of dollars if I'll just send them my bank info. I get
this crap almost daily and suspect they got my address from this list.
What makes me suspect that is that rarely the BCC: above the message
will contain hundreds of other victims addresses and many of those have
solar related addresses. Normally I would consider this subject
off-topic but since it is involving other solar related folks as well, I
bring it up. Are any of you getting this same crap sent to you? Is there
anything we can do about it? I have complained to the different hosts
related to the perpertrators addresses and get replies from the host
that they will do something but the criminals running this have hundreds
of bogus emails. Sorry to bother you guys with this but perhaps many of
us are involved. If not, good and I hope you dont end up on their list.
Carl Reuter

Land and Sea Solar
po box 1507,Soquel,Ca. 95073

- - - -