What Next? [RE-wrenches]

Windy Dankoff, Dankoff Solar windy at dankoffsolar.com
Tue Oct 1 11:50:07 PDT 2002

<x-flowed>
>More air car facts: Cost in the U.K. about $8,500. U.S. Oil change every
>31,000 k's. 2 minutes re-fill time with a service station compressor, 3-4
>hrs plugged into the grid with 230 VAC. Selling licensing agreements all
>over the world for local production shops. They will go about 124 miles, or
>7 - 8 hrs of city driving.
>I think this is incredible.
>
>Matt

Notice how hot air compressors get, and how much cooling fins they
have? That's because when air is compressed its heat is concentrated,
resulting in higher temperature (opposite of refrigeration). I have
been told that the heat reaction absorbs about half the energy
applied (for typical pressure range). Not to deflate your enthusiasm,
but it's part of the energy picture of compressed air energy transfer.

Windy

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm