Hornet Wind Machines [RE-wrenches]

Lawrence Elliott larry at energyoutfitters.com
Sun Sep 22 00:12:36 PDT 2002

Nick.
As someone who has been doing wind for 25 years and seen far to many
machines such as this "self destruction demonstration" machine lying in
pieces on the ground my advice would be to take a hint from its name
Hornet and avoid getting stung.
As to the lack of slip rings I would see that as the least of the worrys
since the AWP seems to avoid them without much trouble.

Larry Elliott

> Do any of you good people have experience with these "low wind speed
rated
> turbines"  I'm attracted by the low prices and the permanent magnet
> alternators, but skeptical of the lack of slip apparatus----"simple
wire
> tension system prevents twisted wires", and lack of high wind
> protection--"when the wind is galing you should be making power and
not
> hiding!" Positive or negative comment  (from experience) appreciated.
> Thanks--Nick Houser  Off Grid Power.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm