Onan 3.6kw 120vac generator. [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Sep 17 07:36:26 PDT 2002

Ezra,

The same thing happens when trying to charge batteries with a 3.5 Honda
through a DR 2500! I believe that they (Hondas) have a really bad power
factor because the generators will act like they're attempting to start a
too large motor load. Normally a generator with a rated output of 1.5 the
expected load is required to start a motor load without bogging down, but
with Hondas, who knows?

Matt