Onan 3.6kw 120vac generator. [RE-wrenches]

Ezra Auerbach, Xantrex ezra at lasqueti.net
Tue Sep 17 07:01:36 PDT 2002

Hi,

Having just had to listen to my darn old Honda for hours yesterday I want to
chime in on this one.  I agree with Frank, my experience shows me that you
really need about 6.5 kW of good generator to get max charging performance
from the SW.  My 3.5 kW (sort of) Honda has a plug rated 30 amps and a 30
amp breaker but if I set my max AC amps any higher than 23 it actually
stalls the Honda.  With that generator I get the best performance at about
16 AC input amps, any higher I lug the generator down and it really labours.

Ezra Auerbach