Our fearless leader is ready [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Mon Sep 16 10:53:08 PDT 2002

Jeff,

If by "Liberal" you mean willing to adapt to changing situations without
resorting to force or coercion, then I guess that probably is what I happen
to be. I was a volunteer in the Army during the Vietnam War though, so don't
figure automatically that all Liberals are simply concerned for their own
skins.

Point 1: It is just as possible for a liberal not to criticize a
conservative as it is for the opposite situation to occur.

Point 2: We already know the guy is an asshole. Do you actually believe that
all the food and medical supplies which have been cut-off by sanctions are
somehow converted to palaces? Must we punish all members of a society for
the wrongs done by it's leaders (elected or not)?

Point 3:  Yes, it was initially a result of invading another country. That
we prevent it's re-construction is not.

Point 4: Who said anything about him being a good guy? Yes, he is a rotten
S.O.B., but we're not talking about limiting our attack to one man! Don't
you understand what"war" is? This is not a video game we're talking about
Jeff, this action will cause nothing but misery and death for thousands of
people regardless of their innocence or guilt.

Point 5: Richard was right on the money in this regard. This all has to do
with the politics of energy! Hopefully we are in the business we're in
precisely because of the global stress inherent in international petroleum
policy, demand and resources! "Alternative Energy", the name says it all. If
by " Bubba" you mean Bill Clinton, I'd gladly suffer the embarrasment of his
sexual adventures than the kind that kills people.

Matt              ---- Original Message -----