Industry testing (was PV orientation) [RE-wrenches]

William Miller wrmiller at slonet.org
Thu Aug 22 15:01:55 PDT 2002

Friends:

What is the mandate for Sandia Labs?  Shouldn't they consider tests such as
this?  Can we ask them to do this type of testing?  Can't they test
GC1000s, STXR inverters and SB inverters and give us definitive answers on
performance?  How about consumer reports?  I'd like better data!

At 02:04 PM 8/22/02 -0700, you wrote:
>You can also use a $50K multitracer from Daystar and put up to 15 or so
>modules of the same type in whatever orientations you want. The Daystar will
>operate the modules at max power and record the energy delivered for each
>module. That would probably be the best--but who's going to pay for it?
>
>I guess we have to trust our models for now and keep first things first.
>Shading is a WAY bigger issue than orientation.
>
>Bill.

William Miller
Miller Power and Communications
PO Box 50, Santa Margarita, CA 93453
Voice :805-438-5600		Fax: 805-438-4607	VMail: 805-546-4875
email: wrmiller at slonet.org
http://millerpowerandcomm.com
License No. C-10-773985
Compatibility:
Word processor: WP7
Spreadsheet: Quatro Pro 7
CAD: Microstation 95, DXF, Visio 4.1T
"Every decent man is ashamed of the government he lives under."
                                    H. L. Mencken

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com