PV roofing material [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Aug 13 10:37:05 PDT 2002

Chris,

Regarding Unisolar PVL, I've had very good luck with the 64 W mods and am
about to do a job using the 85s. I did an install on an east-west facing
roof (!) which has worked out extremely well, and the owner is happy as a
clam. You do have to schedule the installation over a few days, though,
because of the lamination process, RTVing the J-boxes to the panel (if
you're not using quick-connects), waiting for the roofers to install the
roof and then doing the inter-connects on the roof. It takes about a full
day to laminate a 1 to 2.5 kW system. (You'll bust your ass on the 2.5
without good help!)

The system as a whole (in my opinion) is very tidy, functions well
(especially in high heat) and presents no worries about leaky roof
penetrations. I really like that part!

Since these systems can only be installed on a new roof, it kind of limits
the potential of the product, and some (foolish people) don't like metal
roofs.

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm