Hypalon Cable [RE-wrenches]

matthew tritt solarone at charter.net
Tue Jul 23 09:47:09 PDT 2002

Bill,

Hmmm, It's been my experience that most inspectors haven't got the slightest clue about batteries or anything having to do with them. Since most of these guys are all-purpose building inspectors, they seldom will even hazard a comment on the appropriateness, sizing, conductor type or even the lug attachments in a battery system. I've never had one say anything about the inverter or battery cables other than to comment how large they look!

What you suggest to Drake, keeping the tag from the wire spool, is fine, but what kind of inspector is going to assume that this tag comes from the same wire? How do we prove it? Why not just allow welding cable?

The whole issue hinges on the seeming arrogance of the NEC, especially when you consider that , as Ray says, battery systems have been providing safe and effective service for one hell of a long time, without the benevolent approval of the NEC.

And I doubt that this thread is going away any time soon! :-)

Cheers, Matt

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com