Hypalon Cable [RE-wrenches]

Joel Davidson joeldavidson at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 20 10:48:39 PDT 2002

Bill,

Battery and module interconnects are in different environments. Since you
brought it up, USE-2 wire and MC connectors for module interconnects have only
been in use since 1990. So far connector contacts have corroded, wire has pulled
from the connectors, wire has been abraded and water has run down wire and past
watertight connectors into j-boxes requiring weep holes to be drilled in
j-boxes. I prefer THWN in conduit, but the industry is switching to
quick-connects and unprotected wire for module interconnects.

Back to welding cable. I encourage you, John Wiles and other PV experts to
support Drake Chamberlin's proposal for the use of welding cable for battery
interconnects and for cabling to junction boxes, DC250s, etc. If you can not
support the proposal, please list specific reasons for not using welding cable
in this application so that other opinions can be considered.

To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com

List rules & etiquette: http://www.mrsharkey.com/wrenches/etiquete.htm

Moderator: michael.welch at homepower.com

This email was sent to: michael.welch at homepower.com