HF inverters & interference [RE-wrenches]

Doug Pratt dpratt at pacific.net
Tue Jul 16 18:42:58 PDT 2002

Don't be in hurry to blame the HF inverter. How much interference you
see is greatly influenced by the quality of the filters on the
particular audio/video device. With the same HF inverter and different
TVs you may or may not get interference.
  I've got an Exeltech XP1100 that I use for emergency power backup. It
plugs into my EV battery pack, and the funky City of Ukiah power grid
has given me ample opportunities to try it out. (10 hours on
Thanksgiving afternoon/evening a couple years ago) It doesn't affect my
Sony TV at all.

Cheers,
Doug Pratt