Warranty transfer [RE-wrenches]

mrousso at urbanrefuge.com mrousso at urbanrefuge.com
Tue Jul 2 20:33:15 PDT 2002

Graham,

Absolutely.  Especially with new home owners that
"inherit" a system with the purchase of their home.
Most of the time they are relatively new to solar and
welcome the opportunity to be educated and purchase a
maintenance contract.  The sticker saves them a lot of
time and effort in finding someone if they have
questions or problems.  I didn't know about LADWP's
stickers.  Another reason to stay down here :)

I like your idea about collecting data on alien
systems.  I saw one of the ugliest systems I've ever
seen (maybe 6 mos ago) in Placentia.  Instead of
directly placing the array (looked like 4 to 5
kW)directly on the south roof, they built racking on
the back (north) side.  From the front, it looked like
the shingles transformed into polycrystalline at the
ridgeline and doubled the height of the roof.  From
the backyard, it looked like the audio equipment
scaffolding at a Dead concert -- and covered a couple
of skylights.  Bizarre, but I'm sure they had their
reasons...  Anyone fessing up to this project will get
a free ticket to Disneyland!

=====
Mo RoussoUrban Refuge, Inc. - A Solar Energy Company760.451.9374 (v) 760.451.9784 (f) 760.845.8843 (c)mrousso at urbanrefuge.comwww.urbanrefuge.com

http://sbc.yahoo.com