UV resistant cables and quick connects warranties [RE-wrenches]

Bill Brooks billb at endecon.com
Thu Jun 27 13:16:53 PDT 2002

Joel,

Do you know that all manufacturers do not warrant their factory installed
diodes, or is this your experience with Hoxan? It is very hard for me to
believe that a manufacturer would not warranty all the components required
by the UL-listed module (especially since the diodes are necessary for the
listing). Certainly any field wiring is not warranted, but the stuff in the
module (most manufacturers solder their diodes in now) has to be covered. If
anyone has evidence of a manufacturer rejecting a warranty claim because of
diode failure, I would love to know because that is total BS. In my book,
bad diode = bad module = warranty replacement if under warranty period.

Bill.