PV only contractors? [RE-wrenches]

graham at solarexpert.com graham at solarexpert.com
Fri Jun 7 11:21:14 PDT 2002

Hi Joel,

How about “solar only” contractors.  I have been installing and
servicing solar equipment full time for over 20 years.  Now that I am
looking at homes outside of LADWP territory it is obvious that solar
systems can be installed as money saving devises if sized to allow for
peak shaving and keeping homeowners at baseline rates.  Some of these
homes have electric water heaters, which are the biggest year round load
and air conditioning as biggest summer time load.  A professionally
installed solar domestic hot water heating system may be able to provide
more savings than PV at a fraction of the cost.  I like having different
solar solution options available for each individual homeowner.  I don’t
have the mindset that electricians are elitist and plumbers are dirty.
I will install whatever type of solar energy system makes the most sense
for my customer.

Graham

- - - -
To send a message: RE-wrenches at topica.com