UK standards [RE-wrenches]

Martin Cotterell martin at sundog-energy.co.uk
Wed May 29 01:44:44 PDT 2002

We have two documents that have been established to cover grid connect PV
here in the UK.

1.  Engineering Recommendation G77 - covers what the utilities expect to see
in a system (ie disconnects, voltage windows etc) - written by a committee
from the elec industry with just one installer rep (me).

A new draft is nearly done (G77/1) - but not agreed - and the old version is
now out of date ... so can't offer to circulate anything on this.

2. Guide to the installation of PV systems - a Govt funded document that
defines the standards / best practice for the whole installation.  While not
enshrined in any law - it sets the standard for all installations - all Govt
funded schemes (most of those that go in at the moment) must comply.
Written by ourselves and a some other UK PV industry people.  All key points
from G77 are covered in this document.

If anyone wants a copy of the Guide - I can send a pdf.

Martin
SUNDOG ENERGY
Matterdale End, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 0LF, UK
Tel: 017684 82282  Fax: 01768482600
www.sundog-energy.co.uk