On grid w/battery [RE-wrenches]

Jeff Yago jryago at earthlink.net
Tue May 28 04:51:35 PDT 2002

"Battery-backed systems sell PV, not the other way around, often. I
have been
a proponent of the battery-backed system in the face of almost
universal
rejection in the grid-connected PV world because I believe it has very
real
"Independence" appeal. Take this from the system and you have taken a
very
real benefit from the table."

Bill, we agree.  In Virginia, almost all of our systems are battery
based and most are still grid tied.  We explain the differences to
each client and impact on system costs, yet many still want the
battery.  Most have home offices and the ability to keep their fax,
computers, and lights operating for a few hours during a power outage
without the need to start a generator that has no gas and hasn't run
for over a year is worth it to them.

Jeff Yago
Dunimis Technology Inc.
804-784-0063